As Cebuano how much do you know about the Magellan’s Cross? As someone native, we only get to know fully if we investigate and through research, I only get to see the Cross, and the iconic building in the middle of the street. This Iconic Landmark is Cebu’s icon, its importance is as huge as how Cebuanos love their religion. Tourism in Cebu is also up due to this building. Catholicism is the main religion in Cebu, and up to now ot still is,
so let’s visit Magellan’d Cross. How to get there?
Ride a Mybus from Mactan Cebu to SM Cebu City. Fare is around 40 PHP ( SGD$ 1 ,US$ 0.8, € 0.7). Travel time is around 30mins to 1 hr.
Then, Ride a jeep with a route code 12I or 10M . Hop off at Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral. Fare is around 8 PHP ( SGD$ 0.2 ,US$0.16, € 0.13). Travel time is around 10mins to 30mins (depends on the traffic).
Then, walk to Magellans Cross ( This can be found at the back of the oldest church in cebu – Santo Nino). It is a walking distance from where you hop off. Just ask the vendors on where exactly it is or just use google maps.
About Magellan’s cross: This is an icon to distinguished Magellan’s Cross is a Christian cross planted by Portuguese, and Spanish explorers as ordered by Ferdinand Magellan upon arriving in Cebu in the Philippines on April 8, 1521.This cross is housed in a chapel next to the Basilica Minore del Santo Nino on Magallanes Street, just in front of the city hall of Cebu City. A sign below the cross describes the original cross is encased inside the wooden cross that is found in the center of the chapel. This is to protect the original cross from people who chipped away parts of the cross for souvenir purposes or in the belief that the cross possesses miraculous powers. Magellan’s Cross is a symbol of Cebu, and the chapel’s image can be found in its city seal. It is also seen as the symbol of Roman Catholicism in the Philippines.
If you are on your next water escapade, there is not doubt that the queen city of the South topped the lists for its innate natural white fresh sands. The crystal clear water on the ocean reflects clean and refreshing atmosphere for a total calmness and relaxation.
Theres hundreds of Resorts to choose from but if you’re canvassing for the finest and still haven’t decided for a final answer, Worry no more, follow this article till the end. We trimmed down from tourists testimonies and survey Cebu’s finests in the resorts category.
BEST RESORTS IN CEBU according to the 2019 Elite-Member Tourist Group, Cebu’s Grand beaches are amongst on the executive’s lists in random arrangement.
1. SUMILON BLUE WATER ISLAND Oslob Cebu… this is one island in the Southern part of Cebu hailed for its natural beauty and untouched elements. The gem of Oslo is known for its whale sharks and a truly worth visiting. Take your family and your love ones, go our have fun enjoy Kayaking, sunbathing at the island’s sky blue, and discover its beauty and exquisite beauty.
2. CRIMSON RESORTS & SPA MACTAN Indulge yourself for an AUM spa, relax your mind for a healthy mental calisthenics, and more.. This lavish resort is located at Mactan cebu, 20 minute ride from Mactan International Airport, features a wide range of water activities and rich natural marines. Pamper yourself by snorkeling, kayaking, scuba diving, island hoping, while the sun is out, and enjoy an exquisite cocktail dinner at the Azure Beach after you have brought yourself and your love ones on a word class mind resetting on Spa.
3. PLANTATION BAY RESORT The best thing to do is to call for vacancy, as this world renown resort dubbed as 4th at the World’s choice on its luxury, lavish, elite treatment. This resort is Set in 11 hectares of secluded grounds, it offers one of the largest privately-owned waterways in the world, with the clean elegance of colonial-plantation architecture. Soothe away your daily cares and pressures in the healing tranquility of an environment that truly feels “away from it all.” If you have ever spent time at a tropical plantation, you know what we mean. If not, come and discover a refreshingly different Flavor of Life. Whether you’re traveling for a family vacation or romantic getaway, for business or pleasure, this is far and away your best choice in the Philippines.
4. SHANGRI-LA RESORT A 13 Hectare lush ocean-like setting that offers world class service for the people who enjoys luxury and class.
A lush garden retreat within a tropical paradise Just a 20-minute drive from Mactan Cebu International Airport, Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is a lush garden retreat with an alluring oceanfront setting. Guests can savour beach-side luxe within its spacious 530 guest rooms and suites, along with enticing wining and dining options. The resort is a multi-faceted leisure destination providing a compelling mix of luxury relaxation and wellness, lively entertainment, and exciting recreational activities including captivating child-friendly facilities.530 guest rooms and suites.
5. BANTAYAN RESORTS A GROUP of equally gorgeous and breathtaking ocean and exhilarating scenery is found at the paradise islands of white sands and sky blue water beaches At present, Bantayan Island is getting recognized as a bucket-list-worthy destination for peaceful, quiet retreats. Aside from its fine white sand beaches and blue-green waters, Bantayan Island’s charm comes from the simplicity of the place and warmth of its people. It is what Boracay was like before the over-commercialization.
We’d be happy to share more informations and will monitor the updates as results changes each year, but the above lists have been proven, checked and received tokens of excellent trademarks.
Every 3rd Sunday of January Sinulog Festival Cebu’s Grandest parade here
Sinulog Festival: a yearly Cebu Tradition.
December 5, 2019 topic cebu City Sinulog
Every year in January particularly every third Sunday, thousands of people travel to Cebu City Philippines, in order to witness their yearly Mardi Gras celebration in honor feast of the blessed child Sr Santo Nino were in people from all over the world Gather together as one to witness this colorful add magnificent celebration dubbed as the queen of all festivals in Asia Sinulog. The term stimulant derived from the word synagogue which means dance originally started in the late 1970s when it Used to be a simple ritual for celebrating the grace is that God has bestowed upon us in order to show appreciation ritual like dancing in the street was initiated until It became big, one of the mayors in the 1980s name it officially Sinulog
As a little child as I was fascinated watching the street dancing .I remembered I was like five or six years old when street dancing was like Christmas. Children as we were, had always been anticipating this event yearly, as kids we were on the play ground played with other kids made some toy drums out of milk cans covered with plastic sheet and hit with it with a stick so we could create a drum roll sound. It was fascinating and I couldn’t trade my life living with that kind of play.
Sinulog c is the most colorful festivity in the Philippines, being hailed as queen of our Mardi Gras in Asia it is not only for the dancing per see,Its regarded as national holiday, most Sudents from different college and universities are the main participants in the sand contest. The one long week festival celebration is comprised of different competitions such as the Mrs. Sinulog festival queen, the week prior to the main event held where singing contest and dance contest for young kids and teenagers and of course one of the main event is the awarding of the coronation night for Miss Cebu.Prior to the event Street parties have already started, no matter where are you are in Cebu you will always hear the theme song of Sinulog and people will just go with it and have fun enjoy the party until the mid-the main event.
photos courtesy: thePhilippinestar, Googleimages
The acceptance of its interception in the 80’s this festival has been one of the grandest and most popular events ever to be held in the Philippines but for us Cebuanos, the festival is more than just about the parties and street dancing it is actually an important gathering of people for the celebration for the devotion to our patron saint senior cSanto Nino which is the heart of the Cebuanos for its cultural identity. The main event is the time when the whole province of Cebu come together in expressing their strong devotion to the blessed child and lined up a mass procession is celebrated we’re close to over half a million devotee will attend to the Basilica Minore del Santa Nino church in order to express the commitment to the city of Cebu for their devotion.
Thousands of people back into the Basilica grounds, As a main events is happening many of them are carrying their own statues of child Jesus pilgrim many of them are the devotee’s of the child Jesus catch the devotee’ carry the child Jesus it is often newly cleaned and painted and is decked in a fresh garb. I highlight Highlight of deposition is when people saying the ‘Batobalani sa Gugma”, This kind gsong song is very iconic as people raise and wave their hands up during the chorus. it is a truly moving and emotional scene as powerful statement for the devotion of Cebuano faith.
photos courtesy: thePhilippinestar, Googleimages
This song is about strong faith and commitment for the child uses that makes the whole festival so special and it will maintain and sustain the event of years to come if you’re attending’s in the league this year make sure You are aware of the rules and regulations of the main event as people from all over the world gathered population control is difficult to manage make sure that you’re aware of no liquor and street party band policy it has been strictly mandated by the mayor for its chaos. Make sure you’re aware that there is no backpack policy no backpacking in all shapes allowed inside the venue including the church activity it is banned from the walk with Mary and a solemn procession. I don’t know if you’re aware that there will be a foreign contingent that will be joining a parade, I heard contingent from Korea will be joining in the Wonju dynamic dancing carnival.
Below are information as of this events please pay attention;
House-Kissed Music Festival, (January 18, from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm) at SM Seaside City Concert Grounds
Klook Sinulog Beach Festival, (January 18, from 3:00 pm to 10:00 pm) at Happy Beach Resort, Mactan Island
ETC’s Paintensity 2019, (January 19, from 5:00 pm to 3:00 am) at the MEPZ Football Grounds, Lapu-Lapu City
Plus63 Music & Arts Festival, (January 19, from 7:00 pm to 3:00 am) at Cebu Business Park
Signal shutoff from January 19 to 20
As in previous years, mobile phone signal will be shut off in Cebu City, Mandaue City, and Lapu-Lapu City during the Sinulog weekend. But the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) has assured the public that the signal shutoff will only be for certain hours of the day on January 19 and January 20.
See below for the specifics:
January 19 (Fluvial Procession) – mobile phone signal will be down from 3:00 am to 10:00 am for the cities of Mandaue, Lapu-Lapu, and Cebu.
January 19 (Solemn Procession) – signal will be down from 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm for uptown and downtown Cebu City.
January 20 (Sinulog Grand Parade) – signal will be cut off from 3:00 am to 7:00 pm for uptown and downtown Cebu City.
The Sinulog festival has always been successful because of law abiding people and And their respect to the child Jesus, he reason for the celebration and we must always remember Cebu City has been one of the best place to live in in the world no matter how many catastrophes in calamities we were able to face and being defiant and and always been a strong with our fate, we must make the celebration beautiful and let’s all have a good time. Pit Senyor Everyone.
What are the 10 most amazing and fun things to do in Cebu for vacation?
December 5, 2019 Tag; Cebu Tag; Cebu Vacation 10 things to do 10 things to do
The Queen city of this out it’s not only known for its beautiful sceneries and nice beaches and beautiful people but it is also known to have the best source of fun in terms of sightseeing and memorable experiences that you cannot enjoy if you stay for a shorter time However for those who wants to just go staycation there would be some activities for you to do the treasure the moment while you’re having the dream vacation of your life
Below are the top 10 amazing vacation ideas while you are visiting either a family member or you are just there to have fun in cebu, please take note of number eight it’s very enticing.
1. Oslob Whale Watching If you are fond of adrenaline rush here’s one thing that you will really enjoy in your family, Travel to Oslob Cebu. Here is where you getm up and personal with a friendly whale sharks I know, its sounds a bit scary to meet a truck sized animal. You will have to wake up bright early in the morning for this very amazing adventure there are packages that includes a pick up around 5 AM and then you will be toured, to their waterfalls, and with their free breakfast. This slow moving filter feeding carpet shark is one of the largest non-fish ever known to mankind. Also this trip
actually include snorkeling and swimming with the whale sharks and you could participate with the feeding the only precaution is prevent from having stimulus like flashlights so that this big friends are not going to get agitated.
2. the SaFari Adventure park OK disco student animal lovers out there whether or not you like lions cheetahs zebras monkeys they’re all there waiting for you spot your favorite wild animals especially the wild birds and exotic ducks if you’re in a booth for something extra with you for your hopping on safari truck, Also take note you might want to also join the bird feeding experience is fun..
3, Danao Eco Adventure This is especially fun for those who are into sky biking I’m not talking about sky diving but it’s sky biking catchy you will have the zip lining with a ATV driving experience you’ll never forget in your lifetime the echo park adventure in Danao Also offers a horseback riding exploration of the amazing waterfalls and even some but tub hot tub’s is available also for you for your coming day and a relaxing outdoor activity.
4. ParaSailing over cebu’s Crystal Waters Everybody wants adventure especially if it’s going for a very beautiful landscape what a better way to do is parasail and get a maze and strap with a colorful sail, be mesmerized with the amazing blue skies by speeding boat or N experience the beautiful scenery in that time they could never ever had before. Bring the love of your life for a romantic experience I’m sure it will be a once in a lifetime memory.
5. Snow world Cebu you may have known that Cebu is a tropical country and it is indeed amazingly you made in high with this experience you got to beat the heat. an adventure that is vibrant amazingly beautiful in the world of ice and snow right in the middle of the tropical city you got tomorrow build the sculptures make snow angels and slide down hills, also there’s no world is located inside Anjo world theme park in civil it’s awesome for groups of amazing friends and families
6. The good old fashion island hopping. No one will beat your usual routine of shopping in Seville there’s a lot of resting islands and beaches that awaits you in there a lot of islands you might want to visit include Pandanan, Nalususan, Carnaza, and Bantayan, I am not talking about Louis Vuitton and Chanel shopping here, oh well you might wanna use some of those for your bottles of sunscreen as they are White Sands Shores look irresistible to spurge to.
7. Canyoneering adventures in the forest and falls of Badian Island. Oh well what can I say there are clips in that island that are renowned for its best canyoneering spot, the outdoor adventures are really fun and absolutely tricky, and you need to repel the cliff diving.catch snap a gorgeous photo while you are can While you are at the terrain, Lovely ethereal surroundings are picturesque . The world Famous Kawasan falls Is situated right there it’s location grab a camera and snap a picture of your best shot.
8. Sky Up High Experience Adrenaline rush now this is one of those extremes I mean really extreme for those who have full views of heights this is not for you well you can desensitize yourself but make sure your be ready for this Cebu’s famous guy experience is located in Crowne regency hotel allows you to do more thrilling activities from with in the city which is perfect for those who don’t want to go Very far catch these activities include zip lines from one building to another, walk on the edge of a skyscraper, or hop on the edge of a coaster for a ride that’s so intense than your usual theme park roller coaster adventure you will be given certificates to complete this activity for being a champ when you’re on the right, right on it will yell yes I’ve seen it and I was there on the top of the world.
9. Hustle & the bustle to a resort staycation Cebu is filled with the abundance of resorts Darren more than enough to keep you occupied for a relaxing adventure and staycation. Amongst this activities includes kayaking but you can try from the comfort of your own promises also once you’re in the mood for a break go for a massage at your chosen resort in the house spa for a satisfying and on your Cebu vacation.
10. Flower Fields Biking .And we’ve come up to the last on her list finally but the adventure isn’t complete without going to the colorful flower farm and enjoy either you’re a solo biker or with another bike or with you you can try out at cebu Celosia flower farm field with Flynn like Celosia Blooms, this amazing flowers are beautiful that are available for viewing all year round, one of the lovely flower is called Sirao at its name’s Flower farm called the city’s is Little Amsterdam is also there if you want to make the most out of your time here rent a bike cycle through its trails at the flower stand to fill the air around you for a refreshing adventure.
source, special thanks to Cosmopolitan Philippines 2019 issues.
Cebu city is well known for its white sands that has attracted a lot of tourists, Several beaches can be found in the island Malapascua and Bantayan , the best time to go there is in the summer in the mid March of each where in you get to see the sun a lot because of summer and a lot of activities are happeningas it is vacation for students .one of most memorable worthy activity thing to do while you’re in Cebu is to enjoy kayaking and swimming in this beautiful white sands .How you travel to sCebu s dependent on how much time you have allotted for your vacation , if you’re from LA travel from Cebu is 12 hours since there is already a direct line from los Angeles Airport to Mactan international Airport by Philippine Airlines when you reach Mactan cebu airport it is either you will ride Uber or taxi cab it will be another another 5 to 6 hours land trip travel from the airport going to the island of course , it would be fine if you stay a little bit in the city but if you’re running out of time there is another way of going there via sea fast vessel. White Sands in this islands are all the around and it is one of a kind as it can be seen in other parts of the world you get to be mesmerized with its natural beauty , A crystal clear waters s filled with a white clean refreshing fresh atmosphere That can surely make your amazing vacation unforgettable.
While you’re in Cebu I’m pretty sure you will have a lot of bucket list listed in your notes, on this website you’ll be able to find out some of the amazing things that you will do while you’re in Cebu for a vacation on this photo is sky high adventure located at the Crowne regency hotel in Jones Avenue Boulevard. It is a very extreme sky high limits experience not fun for those who have fears in heights.I would say this is one of the most eerie thing to do and it takes a lot of guts More than a roller coaster we could do to you the only thing is is not fast it’s moving but it’s a steady slow Adventure you and your love ones and your family would remember you have achieved to be in the top of the world is certificate will be given as well after.